No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Paratransit Driver - $1000 Sign-On Bonus*!
If you are looking to start a career where you get to do something worthwhile, help lots of interesting people, and feel like you’re part of a great big family, join the First Transit team as a Paratransit Driver.
First Transit offers fantastic opportunities including:
- New increased wages starting at $14.00/hour
- $1000 Sign-On Bonus*! (*conditions apply)
- Competitive Wages
- Career advancement opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) plans, and paid holidays and vacations
- Cutting-edge training
Paratransit Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive paratransit vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble.
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary.
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents.
Paratransit Bus Driver Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- 5 years of driving experience (personal or professional)
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL Operator's License with required endorsements
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Join Our Team - Apply Today in person or online at: 2040 Indian Boundary Drive, Melrose Park, IL 60160!
(Please go past the dead end sign on Indian boundary, go along the curve and park in parking lot. We are at the end of the lot. Building is labeled with '2040'.)
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.