No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Join the First Transit team as a Driver for the City of Lakewood. Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit offers fantastic opportunities including
- Career advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) plans,
- Paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave
- Cutting-edge training
Paratransit Bus Driver Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- 3 years of driving experience (personal or professional)
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Paratransit Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive paratransit vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble.
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary.
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents.
Join Our Team - Apply Today online or in person at: 2310 104th Street South, Lakewood, WA 98499!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.