Primary Location: CA-CASignal Hill-3350 Olive Ave
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. As the Parent Partner for California MENTOR Family Support Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully be responsible for providing guidance to parents/caregivers who have children being served through the system. This person will utilize personal prior experience of having a child served in the system to relate to parents/caregivers and help foster a relationship of trust and support between them and the treatment team. Also provides advocacy and liaison services between the clinician, treatment staff, , community agencies, services, families and child(ren) to ensure families are properly supported through the process of having children involved with the system of care, probation or mental health systems, and utilizing any of the Network’s services.
Description Job Responsibilities:
• Provides guidance to parents/caregivers who have children being served through the system. Utilizes personal prior experience of having a child in the system to relate to parents/caregivers and help foster a relationship of trust and support between parents/caregivers and the treatment team.
• Provides advocacy and liaison services between the clinician, treatment staff, , community agencies, services, families and child(ren) to ensure families are properly supported through the process of having children involved with the system of care, probation or mental health systems, and utilizing any of the Network’s services.
• Facilitates an alliance between the families and the Network.
• Participates as a full and active member of the child and family team.
• Document work as it pertains to record keeping and state-specific requirements.
• Assists the family in bringing up and discussing difficult issues at child and family team meetings.
• Facilitates linking clients with appropriate community services; follows-up, consults and collaborates with community agencies to ensure clients receive appropriate services.
• Leads/Co-leads parent groups (support or educational) for current and discharged families.
• Participates in trainings for treatment staff and families.
• Attends and participates in treatment planning meetings, court review hearings, team decision-making, IEP and other meetings to provide support and information to the teams and the families.
• Reaches out to families in order to best meet the needs of clients including visiting families’ homes and initiating contacts with families as soon as a client is placed; provides information and follows up on questions to allay families’ concerns and provide support; provides support and encouraging feedback to families reconnecting to their community; links clients and caretakers to community services as appropriate and helps them make and keep appointments with those services.
• Contributes to individual and group counseling providing education, consultation and other needed services.
• Performs additional duties and activities as required.
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Prior personal experience as a parent or legal guardian of a child who has been involved with the system (DCFS, probation, Regional Center, Dept. of Mental Health or the like) required.
• Probation and/or DCFS case must be closed for a minimum of one year.
• Two years of experience in a mental health setting strongly preferred.
• Reliable transportation.
• Auto insurance that complies with the state policy concerning minimum car insurance coverage.
• Valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks.
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!