The Park Wide Manager, Dining Room Operations is a full-time, year-round position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs area of Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. This position is responsible for developing and implementing park wide training to Food and Beverage front-of-house staff, and to mentor and evaluate Food and Beverage Restaurant Managers.
Company housing is not provided for this position. To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.Responsibilities
Responsibilities of Park Wide Manager, Dining Room Operations
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Train, support, motivate and mentor Food and Beverage Managers, Assistant Food and Beverage Managers, Dining Room Managers and Assistant Dining Room Managers for ala carte operations in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage and the Manager of Dining Room Operations.
- Develop and implement training programs for all front-of-the-house dining room positions in conjunction with the Manager of Food and Beverage Training, the F&B Controller and the Manager of Dining Room Operations.
- Coordinate personnel functions, including the following:
- Train and support the evaluation process for field managers
- Assist in the evaluation process for field managers in conjunction with location managers
- Assist in the development and implementation of a two-week management-training program each spring in conjunction with the Manager of Food and Beverage Training.
- Participate as a trainer during the opening process.
- Research and initiate means to continually improve dining room operations with the goal of providing excellent guest service and meeting and exceeding financial plans:
- Establish, communicate and follow-up on standards and expectations within each facility.
- React to fluctuations of food cost and payroll in assigned operations.
- Develop and implement systems toward increasing revenues and controlling costs.
- Communicate with Food & Beverage Managers and Location Managers to address staffing, standards and other issues within their operation.
- Channel feedback from dining room operations to the support office on: menu selections, standards and training issues, staffing and management suggestions.
- Work with IT department to update menus in the Simphony Point of Sales system.
- Maintain and project a professional demeanor and appearance at all times: interactions with employees and guests, reacting to pressure situations, off-duty interactions.
- Responsible for maintaining a manager’s bank and cash handling procedures as outlined by the company while working management shifts in the field.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- While all essential functions and duties cannot be possibly listed on a job description, each employee is expected to be flexible and accept additional and/or different duties as assigned at any time as directed by management.
- Duties listed above are not restricted to the only duties expected to be performed.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Working knowledge of the position of Food and Beverage Manager.
- Working knowledge of dining room service procedures and systems.
- Ability to teach, motivate and develop.
- Ability to communicate in a positive, effective manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to problem solve, select a course of action and follow-up.
- Ability to analyze and react to financial information: revenues, food costs, payroll, and other expenses.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations on the location level.
- Knowledge of sanitation standards.
- Knowledge of training methods.
- Knowledge of Simphony Point of Sales, Food-Trak and LMS systems helpful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures used within the department and Company.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- In-park and overnight travel required.
- Certification as a Trainer in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified. If candidate fails to pass this course and exam, a second opportunity will be provided; if still not successful, candidate will be placed in a position that does not require TIPS certification.
- Certification in the ServeSafe food-handling program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified. If candidate fails to pass this course and exam, a second opportunity will be provided; if still not successful, candidate will be placed in a non-management position.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and project voice for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Supervise and direct specific Food and Beverage Managers, Assistant Food and Beverage Managers, Dining Room Managers and Assistants toward maximizing guest satisfaction and meeting financial plans.
- Work with the other members of the Food and Beverage Support Staff to respond consistently and immediately to any operational or guest service situation.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.