Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
The Associate Patient Care Coordinator registers patients and provides information regarding hospital rules and regulations. Conducts interviews to obtain demographics and insurance information. Keys information into the Patient Registration System. Obtains appropriate signature on medical, legal and financial forms. Performs a variety of other clerical duties related to patient's registration.
- Manages patient placement and bed board functions
- Contacts insurance carrier(s) to obtain all information necessary for the successful billing of 3rd party payers (coordination of benefits, benefit coverage / limits, co - pay / deductible amounts, authorization, pre - certification and referral requirements etc.
- Re - verifies insurance of recurring patients
- Performs financial assessments and determines patient’s responsibility
- Advises patient of all financial obligations. Communicates balance amounts, deposits and point of service payments
- Prepares charts, registration. forms, patient addressograph plates etc.
- Forwards required items to nursing unit / clinic / ancillary department
- Answers telephone, maintains files, sorts mail and keeps inventory of supplies
- Informs manager of all activities, needs and problems
- Assists with data collection
- Deals with physicians and other customers
- Coordinates expiation documentation and manages patient valuables
- Performs related duties as required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Will be required to navigate and walk throughout the Hospital and Emergency Room environment
- Experience performing customer service in a medical setting
- Experience with ICD-10 codes
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Glen Cove, New York, NY, customer service, registration