You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The After Hours Care Advocate will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health including mental health and substance abuse services.
*This is a Part Time Telecommute position. This position requires individuals to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. The following times are in Central Standard Time*
The following schedule are available:
Part Time HOURS (5 hours per day)
Wednesday - Sunday
If you are located in Arizona, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Focus on initial inpatient admission and appropriate community based services for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Reviewing clinical assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Determining if additional clinical services are needed
- Managing and administering inpatient behavioral health benefits
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Effectively handling member crisis calls by identifying risk, ensuring safety, and coordinating timely access to care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff on those ideas
- Independently Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling
- Active, independent and unrestricted Arizona license: LCSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD or RN with 2+ years behavioral health experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a related mental health environment; experience in a facility setting preferred.
- Computer literacy with MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Must have the ability to talk on the phone and type at the same time
- Must be available to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have access to high speed internet via DSL or Cable
- Must be able to assess individuals independently and without supervision
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Prefer managed care background/experience
- Demonstrated telephonic/office-based experience
- Reside within a 1 hour radius of a UHG/Optum office
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Mental Health, Social Work, Behavioral Health, LPC, LCSW, RN, Registered Nurse, LMFT, PhD, Psychology, Counseling, Managed Care, Crisis Intervention, Evenings, Weekends, Optum, UHG, UnitedHealthcare, Work at home, Telecommute, Arizona