Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, Optum is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high - quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of data experience in Administrative or Clerical Support role
- Ability to create, edit, save, send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to type 50- 60 WPM, accurately
- Ability to gain and maintain access to the County of San Diego's Electronic Health Record
- Ability to work 32 hours per week during the following hours: Mondays 4:30 PM to 1:00 AM, and Tuesdays-Fridays 4:30 PM to 11 PM
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry or Healthcare Insurance
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office or Medical Clinical setting
- Experience working in a Call Center environment
- Experience handling confidential client/patient information
- Must be able to navigate a PC to open multiple applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Ability to work with multiple screens and applications at one time
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.