Part Time Dispatcher
The Part Time Dispatcher updates and assists contractor drivers via radio and mobile data terminals to meet contractual on-time performance standards. In addition to monitoring routes, this position is required to perform related duties in accordance with the respective policies and guidelines provided by King County Metro and First Transit.
- Effectively communicate with contractor drivers, passengers, staff and other service providers via radio, mobile data terminals and telephone.
- Assist the same day scheduler assigning unscheduled rides to routes.
- Keep routes updated and on time, which includes all insertions and cancellations are relayed to the contractor driver in a timely manner via MDT or radio when necessary.
- Respond to contractor driver requests for assistance: lost drivers, incorrect addresses, contacting clients, etc.
- Document all incidents, accidents, and rider concerns etc. in the dispatch log for follow up.
- Respond to NEXTEL radio alerts promptly, when needed.
- Inform supervisor of any accidents, incidents, or behavior concerns that could jeopardize the safety of our passengers and contractor drivers.
- Assignments of trips to taxi overflow providers within specified guidelines.
- Monitoring the overall system on-time percentage, productivity, and other performance measures through the InfoManager application.
- Handling all emergencies with appropriate guidelines and communications protocols to include coordinating with EMS, law enforcement, County and Company officials.
- Working closely with departmental managers, schedulers, reservations, other departments, and subcontracted providers in performance improvement teams and special projects to improve the overall project.
- Assist the same day scheduler when needed answering “Where's My Ride” calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional radio and telephone manners.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and to sit for extended periods.
- Knowledge of King County and common locations used by Metro Access clients is preferred.
- Computer experience helpful but not necessary.
- Ability to learn Dispatch and Scheduling applications.
- Able to sit prolonged hours, stress resilient, office type call center environment
- Meet contractual Performance Standards
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.