Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Under supervision, responsible for delivery and pick - up of patient orders for medications, supplies and equipment in a safe, accurate, courteous, effective and timely manner. In addition; responsible for designated activities related to miscellaneous warehouse duties as required which may include cleaning and maintenance of infusion control devices, managing and disposing of hazardous waste, and general warehouse labor.
- Handles medication / supply deliveries for the Infusion Pharmacy to cover the branch service area
- Accepts add-on deliveries required to meet business needs
- Clean and inspect company vehicle to ensure proper presentation and cleanliness when arriving at the patient's homes
- Performs daily vehicle inspection and maintains vehicles in clean and proper working order per organization policy and procedure
- Informs supervisor of any mechanical problems
- Coordinate paperwork and payment details with the patients
- Communication with the Branch or Pharmacy Manager / Pharmacy Lead regarding all patient questions and / or issues
- Prepare driver’s notes as needed
- Provide backup warehouse functions when required (e.g. emptying trash, building boxes, cleaning returned equipment)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the branch’s geographic area and be able to assess the best routes according to the delivery schedule
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality codes of ethics
- Performs various warehousing duties such as shipping, receiving, picking and packing orders and general warehouse organization and cleaning in accordance with established procedures
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Ability to travel within a 2-3 hour radius from Orlando (Company Vehicle, no overnight)
- Ability to work a flexible 6 shift with start times between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday with the option of weekends and on-call scheduling as needed.
- Previous warehouse experience
- High level of empathy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment