Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optumto combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work. Primary Responsibilities:
- Admit patients to the facility and provide information regarding the facility's regulations and policies; such as Patient Bill of Rights, Health Care Proxy, NY State Laws, etc.
- Conduct interviews to obtain demographics, insurance information etc. and enters data into the registration system
- Communicates the Collection Policy to patients
- Collects and documents co-pays and / or deductibles received at point-of-service
- Obtains appropriate signatures on medical, legal and financial forms
- Prepare charts, registration forms and print identification chart labels and patient identification wristband. Forward required items to patient care unit
- Uses TeleTracking to assign beds for maternity patients
- Escort all patients to the patient care unit post registration
- Use Surgical Information System (SIS) to retrieve scheduled surgical, cardiology and pre-surgical testing cases
- Complete outpatient registrations for scheduled pre-admission testing, Obstetric Check and Call (OCC) and limited outpatient procedures
- Completes Death Register and Fetal Demise Register information and follows procedures regarding the disposition of records and distribution of information
- Facilitate the release of remains on all expired patients
- Perform a variety of diverse office / clerical duties supporting the department's operations; including, but not limited to, answering telephone, maintaining files, sorting mail, keeping inventory of supplies, and informing management of all activities, needs and problems
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates) and Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables)
- Flexibility to work 15 hours per week, every other weekend and two days per week, 3 PM to 11 PM
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Experience in Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician's office setting, Healthcare Insurance Company, revenue cycle vendor and / or other revenue cycle-related role
- Understanding of Insurance Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Previous experience in EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Previous experience in requesting and processing financial payments
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Optum, Northwell, Manhasset, customer, service, patient, registration, medical, clinical, hospital