At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
Financial Crimes Specialists will take in-bound customer disputes calls with time scheduled on the phone and off the phone to complete follow up. Specialists ensure that all customer dispute calls and correspondence are handled with immediate action and resolution which may include: ordering a sales draft, entering a chargeback, sending out a dispute form, ordering a computer letter, charging the disputed amount off, or forwarding the case to the appropriate department. Maintains an in depth knowledge of MasterCard and VISA member rules and regulations that will enable the representative to make the appropriate decisions as to when and how to resolve the customer's inquiry. Enter monetary and non-monetary adjustments which may include removing a delinquent status, placing an item into dispute, removing a minimum payment due, adjusting finance charges and small balance charge-off adjustments. Identifies problems and works within a team environment toward viable solutions. Collects information and prepares reports to status an account lost/stolen when appropriate to lessen potential loss. Limits fraud exposure on suspicious inquiries by performing additional verification and/or refer calls to the Fraud dept. Responds, under the guidance of senior partners, to inquiries and complaints from internal and external customers (including customers, merchants, clients, and bankers), regarding financial products and services.
- Conducting intake to determine appropriate course of action
- Conducting investigative steps to fully identify the issues
- Researching product information, terms, conditions, contracts, etc. and resolving complex problems and inquiries
- Serves as intermediary between parties to resolve disputed matters, negotiates and enacts settlements accordingly
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to ensure balance
- Handles incoming correspondence in accordance with external and internal policies and procedures
- Generates and/or composes written correspondence as needed
- Reviews data and reports trends to management
Duties may also include: account maintenance, report generation, project work and work direction
** Class starts August 20th, 2018 **
Training schedule is 6 days of 8am-4:30pm, and then part time hours of your chosen schedule after that for 7 weeks.
Schedule options are 8:30am-12:30pm Mon-Fri or 2pm-6pm Mon-Fri with optional weekend hours on Saturday and/or Sunday available.
- 6+ months of call center experience; or 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in criminal justice
- Customer service experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exposure to Wells Fargo CSS (Customer Service System)
- Exposure to Wells Fargo DASH System (Dispute Automation Systems Handler)
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card dispute resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding Regulation Z
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card products, policies, and procedures
- Must be able to attend full duration of required training period
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.