Prepares menu/recipe items to GCR standards and specifications, completes all assigned food preparation and sidework duties in a timely manner, communicates with ticketing (ext. 1000) for train and car counts and establishes prep needs based on counts, the Train Prep will also be responsible for preparing all special event trays and fruit platters for the menu.Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Prepare menu/recipe items to GCR standards and specifications.
- Always follow the recipe manual when preparing food.
Understand and adhere to Grand Canyon Railway’s (GCR) standard and practices including sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintain a clean safe and sanitary work area.
- Wash your hands frequently and follow all sanitation policies. Wear gloves when practical.
- Complete all assigned food preparation and sidework duties in a timely manner.
- Communicate with ticketing (ext. 1000) for train and car counts.
- Establish prep needs based on counts.
- Prepare all special event trays and fruit platters for the menu.
- Perform proper use, cleaning and maintenance of cooking equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on cooking equipment.
- Date and rotate all prepped food according to procedures.
- Follow the proper first in first out (FIFO) rotation for stored foods
- Keep prep area swept, mopped and free of water.
- Keep shelving and storage areas clean and organized.
- Utilize all systems such as train prep sheets, car capacity, food weights and waste sheets.
- Assist in stocking and storage of food as requested by supervisor.
- Notify supervisor of any problems needing immediate attention.
- Perform all daily cleaning assignments on Cleaning Schedule.
- Perform all daily cleaning assignments on Closing Check List.
- Responsible for working scheduled days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Adhere to all grooming and uniform standards, meeting the appearance standards as outlined in the Xanterra/GCR Employees Handbook and departmental guidelines.
- Understand chemical storage, handling and refill procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.