BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
FRONT DOOR ASSET PROTECTION (FDAP)
Responsible for performing merchandise protection procedures, monitoring entrance and exit activity, and providing superior customer service to members.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Maintains and exhibits clear understanding of merchandise protection procedures and shrink alert protocols.
- Follows merchandise verification processes including cross-checking merchandise to member register receipts and verifying high dollar value items. Records register receipt discrepancies and takes necessary action to rectify.
- Monitors member and visitor traffic entering and exiting the club.
- Delivers superior customer service to members, including greeting, assisting, and thanking all members in a prompt, friendly and professional manner. Resolves member concerns in a courteous and timely manner and escalates issues to management when necessary.
- Responds to Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) alarms according to established EAS response procedures.
- Maintains high standards of safety for members and team members.
- Inspects bags, backpacks, briefcases, and lunch boxes that are leaving the building.
- Processes empty water jug return vouchers to members.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an attention to detail are required.
- Basic math skills preferred.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Must be employed with the company for at least 6 months.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent standing and moving about on hard surfaces. May require bending, crawling, pulling, reaching, stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- May require occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.