Part time Licensed Practical Nurse
Primary Location: United States-WI-WILa Crosse
REM Wisconsin III
Part time, Licensed Practical Nurse, (LPN) - Bring your Nursing experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
Traveling between locations to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role, the LPN is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours, and depending on the program, may be required to be accessible after hours for consultation.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Social and Human Services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges within group home settings.
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the adults we serve and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
Our Nursing positions enjoy high-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization.
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Provide prescribed
medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Ensure physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Complete health assessments and provide input of health diagnosis to RN for the development of nursing care plan.
- Follow-up on all physician orders; monitor and ensure follow through on individual’s medical/dental appointments.
- Monitor and record medications in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison to pharmacy
- Review medication error forms, analyze errors and make recommendations for procedural changes
- Administer, track, and maintain log for staff members’ and individuals’ testing.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with Company policy. Uphold policy and procedure development related to health care.
- Provide training to staff members including but not limited to medication administration, universal precautions and infection control.
- Travel between locations during work hours
- Provide support and be accessible to staff at all locations during working hours
- May be required to be accessible after hours for consultation
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing or related field, or a graduate of an accredited LPN program
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Current LPN licensure in good standing in state of residence
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company or providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
- As a traveling role, travel between supported sites is required.
- Flexibility with your schedule
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment, and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!