BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
MAINTENANCE TEAM MEMBER
Responsible for performing general maintenance and cleaning duties and maintaining high standards of safety and sanitation for members and team members.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and assistance. Maintains high standards of safety and sanitation for members and team members.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the club including the sales floor, offices, restrooms and the outdoor grounds and parking lot.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning duties including wet and dry mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, carpet extracting, washing glass, emptying trash receptacles and pulling pallets.
- Maintains outdoor grounds of club property including cart corrals, sidewalks and outdoor trash receptacles.
- Prioritizes maintenance and cleaning responsibilities across the club in an efficient manner.
- Operates the floor scrubber, trash compactor and cardboard baler machines in a safe and efficient manner following established safety standards.
- Restocks maintenance / cleaning supplies and ensures supply areas on the receiving dock and maintenance closets are clean, neat and organized.
- Performs minor and routine building repairs and notifies management when major repairs may be required.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Prior maintenance or janitorial experience preferred, but not required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. May frequently require bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching, stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and push pallets.
- Frequent exposure to company authorized cleaning agents.
- Occasional exposure to paint and company authorized chemicals.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and coolers.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.