Opportunities with Monarch HealthCare. Every individual deserves health care that is affordable, accessible and fits his or her unique needs. At Monarch HealthCare, we have built Orange County’s largest network of physicians, hospitals and urgent care centers. We believe that offering the most extensive choices and access allows our patients to get the right care at the right time.
The health care industry is constantly changing. But our solid commitment to provide the best care to our patients will always remain the same. When it comes to finding better ways to care, we will be part of the solution. You can be, too. Together, we will make a difference. It’s all part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Part-Time Nocturnist Hospitalist to join our team…
- Conducts hospital rounds on all patients referred to the service
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with hospital medical staff by-laws, and referring physician requests
- Communicates with families, referring physicians, specialists, administration, and hospital departments in the care and treatment of patients referred to the service
- Works with hospital and Monarch clinical staff to initiate and coordinate early discharge through collaboration with specialists, nursing staff, social services, utilization management, and other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrates a commitment to service by providing distinctive, personalized care and services by listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of both internal and external (patients, family members, referring physicians/specialists, hospital staff, etc.) customers and striving to exceed customer expectations
- Serves as a liaison to other physicians, business office, and administration to maximize communication and increase knowledge of the hospitalist program benefits
- Attends and completes all specific competencies and annual organizational requirements
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to discuss patients’ progress, variances, and achievement of expected outcomes and plan of care
- Assumes responsibility to ensure that all necessary documentation is accurate, complete, and timely, including medical records, billing/coding, and any other such documentation as requested by hospital from time to time
- Active and unrestricted Medical License in California
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Active and unrestricted DEA
- 2+ years of Hospitalist experience
- Ability to work 7pm to 7am on a part-time basis
- Nocturnist experience
- Chronic disease management experience
- Managed care and Medi-Cal experience
What's the first thing that happens when one of the most successful physician groups in Orange County comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With Monarch HealthCare joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. With a vibrant network of hospitals and urgent care centers, we're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nocturnist, Hospitalist, Internal Medicine, inpatient, hospital, managed care, Orange County, Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo, CA, part-time