"We are inspired every day by the dedicated professionals we serve. Your work is why we’re here and we offer sincere thanks."
Karla Bakersmith | President & Founder
If these words inspire you, you may be the candidate we’re looking for. We go above and beyond for our customers and each other. We’re passionate about providing the ultimate in service and style. Our goal is to transform the everyday shopping experience into a personal experience that caters to the needs of the caregiver.
Job Description Summary
Our part-time sales associates are here to ensure our customers have an amazing shopping experience. Beyond that, you are responsible for achieving your individual sales goals and contributing to the store’s sales goals while maintaining S&B’s merchandising and housekeeping standards.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide excellent customer service according to S&B standards on the selling floor, in the fitting room, and at the cash wrap
- Achieve your personal and store sales goals
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness
- Actively work with garments, including receiving, ticketing, stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, merchandising, and displaying per S&B guidelines
- Ring sales on the register, receive and process cash and credit payment, issue receipts and pack merchandise for our customers
- Communicate regularly with your on-duty supervisor
- Follow the store’s opening and closing procedures
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting cash, processing charge slips, coupons, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits
- Successfully complete training courses
- Participate in stock inventory
- Adhere to our loss prevention policies
To execute the job duties of a part time sales associate you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Skill to run a cash register
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to a flexible schedule
- Talent to communicate clearly through written and verbal channels
- Must be a team player - give and receive feedback, put success of the team above your own interests, support everyone's efforts to succeed
- Resourcefulness to manage time and prioritize your tasks to ensure they are completed on time and correctly
- Math competency to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages
- Technical aptitude to use Point of Sale software, credit card terminals, and basic computer skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is essential along with 6 months to 2 years of retail experience
- Constantly standing and walking
- Constantly reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping
- Frequently stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Frequently lifting up to 20 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally climbing and descending ladders and step stools
- Hearing with or without correction to understand verbal communication
- Visual Acuity to perform any activity where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach
The physical demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job descriptions are dynamic and frequently modified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any given time as both the business dictates and the functions of the job change.
Scrubs & Beyond, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work force at all levels of the business thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our customers, our associates and our communities. Scrubs & Beyond will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.