Service Writer - Coney Island, NY
The Service Writer ensures the efficient operation of and control of vehicle and equipment work requests. This position directly interacts with all departments and individual operators and provides customer satisfaction through clerical shop and telephone support. First Vehicle Services provides fleet maintenance for NY Parks & Recreation.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Up to $18/hour based on experience
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Service Writer major responsibilities:
- Opens work request immediately upon receipt and closes work request immediately upon completion of quality inspection.
- Runs and reviews AQR reports as needed.
- Answers telephone for shop lines and schedules repair appointments.
- Maintains vehicle information files.
- Takes road call information, communicates with Lead Technician, Shop Supervisor, or General Manager to dispatch mechanic or outside service.
- Contacts outside vendors to arrange mechanical repairs, using information given.
- Arranges pick-up of outside repairs.
- Files work orders with PM sheets, DVCR (operator write up), and maintains unit file related information.
- Runs review reports as needed.
Service Writer job requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Previous position in automotive or trucking industry is helpful
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.