Under direction of the Ticketing Supervisor, the Ticketing Agent is responsible for ensuring all daily functions are completed at the Ticket Counter. Duties include but not limited to: ensuring accurate batching of train tickets, confirming reservations, answering phones, issuing and explaining train tickets to passengers.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Daily batching; printing tickets, verifying special requests, processing collection required reservations.
- Answering phones and taking phone reservations.
- Provide information and offer additional services to guests to enhance their stay.
- Greets walk-up guests and make new reservations.
- Follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all Ecologix prescribed Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and corporate commitments to maintain ISO 14001 goals and guidelines; reduce, reuse and recycle program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a good working knowledge of windows based software programs to be able to communicate effectively via email (Outlook), and Window’s based system.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to maintain flexibility in carrying out daily job duties
- This position requires good judgment skills and the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Must be a strong team player and have good communication skills
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations in a public setting and resolve guest related problems in a professional manner.
- Must be able to establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with co-workers, directors, and other departments; working together in a positive work environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to read, write, and speak English; communicate professionally, effectively and clearly face-to-face, and in written communication.
- Must have at least 2 years customer service experience in a hospitality industry.