OptumLabs is the first open, collaborative research and innovation center to accelerate healthcare change, leading to improved patient care and patient value.
OptumLabs provides an environment where the health care industry can come together to combine information and ideas that improve health, enhance the health care experience and manage costs. By working together and sharing information with partners on a national scale, we develop a detailed, analysis-based image of the health care landscape that we believe offers new insights into solving our national health care problems.
We are looking for a partner relationship manager who is a critical thinker and is comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment with strong team leadership skills.
- Partner Relationship Management
- Day to day relationship management of academic medical center partners
- Review pertinent data and facts to identify and solve issues as well as mitigate risks for partners
- Coordinate priorities, goals, commitments, and expectations across the partner and internal cross-functional teams
- Serve as a liaison for working with partners from onboarding through translation
- Assist in development of the training materials for OptumLabs partners using variety of tools
- Project Management
- Manage internal cross-functional OptumLabs projects and ensure they are completed on time and within scope
- Responsible for multiple projects simultaneously
- Determine and track time frames, procedures for accomplishing internal OptumLabs projects
- Operational Improvement
- Support and facilitate key aspects of business and operational planning
- Act as an agent for change, helping team members get comfortable with new approaches for completing projects
- Improve processes to optimize performance and value over time
- Develop the OptumLabs documentation: process descriptions, FAQs, etc.
- Undergraduate degree
- Healthcare experience
- Experience working in a healthcare research environment
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- 1+ years of experience on boarding new partners and/or research teams
- Relationship management experience
- Experience developing a variety of training materials including manuals and PowerPoint decks
- High level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Process improvement and project management experience (e.g., Lean, SixSigma, PMP)
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with virtual teams
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Critical thinking
- Must be happy in fast-paced, dynamic environment with constantly shifting priorities, ambiguity, and uncertainty
- Team leadership skills
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Research, Project Management, Healthcare, Research, Operations, Administration, Process Improvement, Training Material Development, San Francisco, CA