Join First Transit as Parts Clerk!
The Parts Clerk is responsible for the receipt, verification, labeling, storage, documentation and security of all supplies in the Parts Room. First Transit is looking for people who are committed to providing our customers with the highest levels of quality and customer service.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Pay rate is $22.44 / hr
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Parts Clerk major responsibilities:
- Receives parts shipments and places into inventory using a computerized inventory system.
- Creates purchase requisitions and orders parts.
- Helps maintain an orderly and clean Parts Department.
- Safely operate a fork lift.
- Assists mechanics with parts requests.
- Maintains tire inventory.
- Conducts facility inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Parts Clerk requirements:
- Basic computer skills and a willingness to learn required.
- Experience with warehousing, parts inventories, or other related type of work.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Able to work well with others, including mechanics, client, and vendors.
- History of being a dependable, conscientious and productive employee.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must become a member of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Union.
- Pass a D.O.T. physical exam, drug screening and background check.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Join Our Team - Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.