Join First Transit as Parts Clerk!
Servicing Princeton and Rutgers University
The Parts Clerk is responsible for the receipt, verification, labeling, storage, documentation and security of all supplies in the Parts Room. First Transit is looking for people who are committed to providing our customers with the highest levels of quality and customer service.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and qualifications
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Parts Clerk major responsibilities:
- Stock all parts
- Conduct price and quality survey
- Provide counter service
- Maintain a clean and orderly parts room
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of data entered into computer
- Maintain files and records, providing reports as necessary.
- Order special (non-stock) parts for repair orders, following order policies and procedures
- Manages the returns of cores and parts
- Monitor re-order levels and replenish inventory in order to maintain proper inventory levels
- Complete all other assigned duties.
Parts Clerk requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Previous vehicle parts room and inventory experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Strong attention to detail
- ASE certifications preferred
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Join Our Team - Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.