This is a seasonal position starting August 23, 2018 to January 16, 2019. The Car Cleaning team is responsible for all interior and exterior custodial duties of the Grand Canyon Railway rail-car fleet. Maintaining high standards of cleanliness at all time.Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Responsible for ensuring passenger car fleet is cleaned and meets a standard of quality expected by our guests.
- Responsible for effective practices of all Xanterra and Grand Canyon Railway hospitality standards, procedures, policies and environmental program.
- Responsible for compliance with all health and safety regulations and enforcing sanitary practices for cleanliness, wearing personal protective equipment, general cleanliness, and maintenance of dining and food service areas.
- Responsible to understand and adhering to all Ecologix prescribed Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and corporate commitments to maintain ISO 14001 goals and guidelines; reduce, reuse and recycle program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to maintain acceptable level of performance and positive image, to complete tasks in a safe, professional, productive and efficient manner.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bi-lingual (English/other) language skills a plus.
- Previous experience in a custodial or housekeeping position is a plus.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications--both general and technical)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work
- Complete annual training and pass safety rules examination
- Environmental Conditions:
- Work outside in all weather conditions, in confined spaces, and on occasion at elevated heights.
- Heavy work, lifting and pulling up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds on a rare basis
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis.
- Walking long distances over uneven terrain
- Must meet auditory and visual acuity/tracking/inspection thresholds.
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat factor on an occasional basis