This is an amazing part time opportunity. The Passenger Service Attendant is of high importance working onboard the Grand Canyon Railway train and directly with our valued world travelers. The Passenger Service Attendant enthusiastically ensures our passengers receive top quality experiences of a lifetime. Our Passenger Service Attendants are hardworking, enthusiastic, outgoing individuals who love to interact with a diverse mix of individuals. If you love adventure travel, and being the center of attention, this is the opportunity for you!Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Ensuring passenger safety, while following all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Communicate announcements over microphone giving verbal instructions/information for up to 90 passengers.
- Responsible for educating guests on historical information about the Grand Canyon Railway, Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding areas in Arizona.
- Prep train cars for daily train ride to department standards; set up buffet tables and bars
- Bartending for up to 68 passengers
- Ability to follow all cash handling policies and procedures implemented.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all prescribed Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and corporate commitments to maintain ISO 14001 goals and guidelines; reduce, reuse and recycle program.
- Ability to handle Bio-Hazard clean-ups
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have 2 years previous guest service experience.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to educate and entertain our guests, and provide high quality guest serivice.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the postition with or without reasonable accomodation.
- Must be willing and able to work varied days and hours including holidays and weekends.
- Position requires a valid./clear Arizona driver’s license to be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy