This is an amazing Seasonal opportunity starting August 1,2018 and goes to January 1, 2019. The Passenger Service Attendant is of high importance working onboard the Grand Canyon Railway train and directly with our valued world travelers. The Passenger Service Attendant enthusiastically ensures our passengers receive top quality experiences of a lifetime. Our Passenger Service Attendants are hardworking, enthusiastic, outgoing individuals who love to interact with a diverse mix of individuals. If you love adventure travel, and being the center of attention, this is the opportunity for you!
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Ensuring passenger safety, while following all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Communicate announcements over microphone giving verbal instructions/information for up to 90 passengers.
- Responsible for educating guests on historical information about the Grand Canyon Railway, Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding areas in Arizona.
- Prep train cars for daily train ride to department standards; set up buffet tables and bars
- Bartending for up to 68 passengers
- Ability to follow all cash handling policies and procedures implemented.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all prescribed Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and corporate commitments to maintain ISO 14001 goals and guidelines; reduce, reuse and recycle program.
- Handles bio-hazard clean-ups.
- Maintains organization and flexibility in carrying out daily job duties
- Is a strong team player and communicates professionally at all times with guests and co-workers.
- Practices good judgment when making decisions regarding guest service.
- Effectively handles stressful situations in a public setting and resolves guest related problems in a professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional working relationships with co-workers, directors, and other departments; working together in a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- 2 years customer service experience.
- 1 year cash handling experience.
- Previous bartending experience is a plus.
- Customer Service experience in a hospitality industry is a plus.
- A valid Arizona driver’s license to be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions).
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills).
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- May be required to complete training or certifications related to the job. Rail Road Safety 101, TIPs Certification, CPR/First Aid, Cash Handling Class.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, squatting/kneeling and lifting/carrying items up to 20bs.
- Frequently walking, reaching outward, climbing, lifting/carrying items up to 50lbs and pushing/pulling up to 25lbs.
- Occasionally sitting, reaching above shoulder, crawling, lifting/carrying items weighing up to 100lbs and pushing/pulling items weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces and onboard moving train.