Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives
The Secretary performs a variety of general office duties and provides overall administrative support to assist with daily operations to the staff of the department. The secretary performs administrative duties including answering telephones, route calls, and specific departmental duties greet patients and visitors, collect data essential to the hospital department process, enter patient charges, assemble patient charts, and file patient charts. Responsible for normal maintenance of office equipment and ordering of office supplies and medical supplies as directed; if applicable obtain patient care authorizations from third party payors to ensure reimbursement. Presents a positive, professional impression to all.
- Administrative support to the Pathology Department
- Includes completion of Pathology and cytology report
- Assist with CPT, ICD10 Coding, billing, filing and accessioning of pathology/cytology specimens
- Keyboarding with medical terminology experience with strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, knowledge of clinical laboratory tests, surgical, pathology and cytology reporting.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required).
- 2 year / Associate Degree (Preferred).
Experience and Skills:
- 1-3 Years Knowledge of business practices, office organization and communication (Required).
- 1-3 Years Knowledge of business practices, office organization, work experience and proven communication skills (Required).
- 1-3 Years Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Use of office machines, copier, fax, scanner and calculator (Required)
- 1-3 Years Microsoft Office, Outlook (Required)
- 1-3 Years General knowledge of heath-care system; Medical Terminology; Familiarity with diagnoses, clinical terms, medical tests .
- Required Skills: Excellent Communications Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Multi Line Telephone Operational Skills, Typing 45 WPM, General computer skills including accurate and efficient entry and navigation in multiple software systems. Utilize email, navigate intra-net, Internet and other computer programs as indicated., If applicable to department; ability to manage printers, packagers and automated dispensing machines