Shift Days: Monday - Friday, As Needed; Shift Hours: 8am - 6 pm - As Needed, this is a casual/PRN position, weekly hours will vary between 8-16. This would be considered a part time role.
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Patient Access Scheduler to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Patient Access Scheduler will be responsible clerical and reception duties associated with patient scheduling and registration. The Patient Access Scheduler will handle a large volume of incoming calls and navigate between multiple systems to schedule with various departments. This person will be the first point of contact with patients and ensure their needs are met. This person will be working in a fast paced environment where they will be expected to display strong customer service and
communication skills to properly assist patients.
In order to be successful in this role, the Patient Access Scheduler will need to be highly organized and dedicated to customer service.
Your day to day role will include:
- Greets patients and visitors as first point of contact and handles a high volume of incoming calls
- Responds to questions and concerns and directs them to appropriate location or department
- Provides on-going communication with clinical staff regarding real-time patient status
- Collaborates with medical staff and their associates to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in scheduling
- Multitasks between several different technology systems to complete functions
- Provides clinical education to schedulers to ensure efficient and prompt service delivery
- Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Provides patient education by explaining processes and forms prior to securing signatures
- Ensures all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required
- Determines and accepts required payments including co-pays and deductibles
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- At least one year of call center experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Ability to handle a large volume of incoming calls
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience within a hospital or medical environment assisting patients
- Working knowledge or experience with medical terminology.
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.