Shift : Mon - Fri ; 8:30a - 5p
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Patient Access Scheduler to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Patient Access Scheduler will be responsible for handling high volumes of incoming and outgoing calls to schedule patient visits. This person will serve as a liaison between patients and various clinical departments and locations to schedule patient scans, surgeries and various other medical procedures. Their scheduling activity includes communication between different facilities and department staff to confirm location, room availability, physician availability, and specific instructions for patient prior to visit. The Patient Access Scheduler will also be responsible for navigating through different technological systems simultaneously to accurately enter patient data and scheduling logistics. This person will be responsible for collecting, confirming, and entering accurate patient history, reason for visit, and insurance information. The Patient Access Scheduler will be working in a fast-paced environment and will be expected to display strong customer service and communication skills to properly assist patients and clinical department staff. This person will also be responsible for displaying a high level of professionalism during communication between departments and patients.
To be successful in this role, the Patient Access Scheduler will need to be highly organized, have strong attention-to-detail, and be dedicated to customer service.
Your day to day role will include:
- Managing a high volume of incoming and outgoing calls between patients and clinical department staff
- Responding to questions and concerns in a timely manner and/or directing them to the appropriate location or department when necessary
- Availability to provide on-going communication with clinical staff regarding real-time patient status
- Collaborating with patients, medical staff, and their associates to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in scheduling
- Multitasking and navigating between several technological systems simultaneously to complete all necessary functions regarding patient data and scheduling
- Providing education to clinical departments and/or patients to ensure efficient and prompt service delivery
- Collecting, confirming, and entering all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Providing patient education by explaining processes and forms prior to securing signatures and ensuring all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required
- Determining and accepting required payments including co-pays and deductibles
- Performing all other duties and projects as assigned
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- At least one year of call center experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Ability to handle a large volume of incoming calls
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience within a hospital or medical environment assisting patients
- Working knowledge or experience with medical terminology.
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.