Department:OH1HS_69529_000 PFS CBO Billing & Follow-up
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Excellence in care takes the dedication and commitment of not only our front-line care teams, but of the specialized professionals that support all aspects of our mission. Colleagues in Finance, HR, Marketing and more keep Mount Carmel operating at the highest standard. And we provide leading education training and development opportunities to keep you working at yours.
The Patient Account Analyst ─ Third Party Collections is responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete data and balance on patient accounts
- Meet regulatory and compliance requirements
- Able to accurately perform the functionality of the applicable patient accounting system (s)
- Identify, verify, correct, and communicate necessary trends and issues
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment
- Keep current on all applicable payer requirements and payer publications
- High school graduate or equivalent diploma required.
- One to five years of experience in medical billing or collections or customer service or accounting
- Ability to conceptualize the flow of information through systems in order to trouble shoot and problem-solve to eliminate and/or prevent processing delays
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.