Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we’ll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You’ll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have a chance to make an impact.
Positions in this function includes those responsible for initial triage of members, administrative intake of members or managing the admission / discharge information post-notification, working with hospitals and the clinical team. Includes managing incoming calls, managing requests for services from providers / members, providing information on available network services and transferring members as appropriate to clinical staff. Manages the referrals process, processes incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations. This function includes intake, notification and census roles. *Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
- Manage administrative intake of members
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and / or providers
- Process incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents / triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Handle resolution / inquiries from members and / or providers
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Healthcare Insurance experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit documents), Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit and perform basic formulas), and Microsoft Outlook (ability to send, receive and reply to emails)
- Ability to work a Sunday - Thursday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm with a rotating Saturday 4 hour shift
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- Customer service background
- Medical insurance experience
· Careers with AxelaCare.
Discover a health services career that encourages your professional
growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient
care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close
group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused,
state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and
Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with
leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient
outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the
UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment
to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient
care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.