Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role.
Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth
Group is seeking Patient Care Coordinator who share our
passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading
health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new
ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver
high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key
component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every
contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers.
You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about
program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring
your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an
impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your
life's best work. (sm)
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
The Patient Care Coordinator is an unlicensed individual who assumes day-to-day responsibility for coordinating patient care by working with nurses, office staff and leadership to ensure patients and records are managed seamlessly.
- Identify nursing staffing needs
- Coordination and collaboration of care for home infusion patients with all associated departments
- Assist nursing with management of nursing schedules
- Work with the junior level staff to insure metrics are met
- Resolve Customer Service inquiries which could include triaging and routing issues to the appropriate level
- Provide excellent Customer Service to both Providers and members
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance
- Administrative duties- assist with document control, emails, faxes, tasks related to support the nursing team with coordination of care for home infusion patients.
- Coordinates the start of care with the patient/caregiver, referral source, and other providers of care.
- Cancels pending / no-go referrals when appropriate.
- Directs patient contact involving: schedule and verify
infusion appointments / drug shipments (if applicable), respond to nursing
and / or customer service issues, patient financial hardships.
- Maintain current and accurate documentation in CPR+ / Ask AxelaCare.
- Documents patient related activities/information in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Consults with direct Manager on difficult or unusual referrals, as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company information.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Gathers and ensures all necessary documentation for chart is obtained.
- Communicates effectively with Clinical Team members to assure a smooth transition from intake to start of care.
- Scans and appropriately label patient documents in CPR+.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Medical Assistant or LVN
- Medical Terminology experience
- Professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as primary instruments to perform job duties
- Experience working in an Administrative or Clerical role
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm accurately
- Must be able to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence and spreadsheets in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Outlook
- Must be able to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Healthcare experience
- Available to work Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30 pm and on-call on the weekends (on a rotation) with the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Hospital, Physician, or Medical Clinic experience
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Ability to travel for two weeks during training to Lenexa, KS
- Ability to multitask
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: UHG, Administrative Referral, Clerical, Healthcare, Optum, BriovaRx, coordinator, Houston, Irving, Texas, TX