Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360.
We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine
our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our
resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue
Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Pre - registers and / or registers patients according to departmental policy and procedure
- Enters patient information and charges into appropriate system
- Provides patients with all pertinent information and obtains appropriate signatures on medical, legal and financial forms
- Verifies financial / insurance information using appropriate database retrieval systems
- Provides guidance and assistance to patients and staff members with regard to insurance regulations
- Accepts payment from patients; reconciles cash payments and provides appropriate feedback to Supervisor regarding various payment and / or cash issues
- Directs patients to appropriate areas following registration
- Performs various related clerical duties supporting department operations including, but not limited to, answering telephone maintaining files, scanning, keeping inventory of supplies, and informing management of all activities, needs and problems
- Maintains current knowledge base regarding insurance information and managed care guidelines; maintains knowledge base of designated networks based upon managed care contracts in order to provide assistance to patients
- Demonstrates ability to utilize data retrieval insurance eligibility systems
- Participates in quality control activities
- Reviews, assesses and evaluates patient registrations to ensure accuracy of demographic and financial information; and corrects erroneous registrations and informs Supervisor
- Performs related duties, as required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in customer service
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Available to work 25 hours, various days, 2:45 pm to 7:45 pm
- Any previous hospital or physician's office patient registration experience
- Experience in insurance reimbursement and financial verification
- Bilingual and fluent in English and Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Manhasset, Patient registration, customer service, medical, healthcare