Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Registration Department. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, verifying demographics; obtain all required signatures and documents. Candidate will be responsible for insurance authorization, notification, and verification of benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance, point of service collections, and compliance with HIPAA.
Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s).
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with medical terminology
- 1+ years of professional experience with insurance policies and procedures
- 2+ years of experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office or any medical setting
- 1+ years of customer service related experience (analyzing and solving customer issues and concerns in a professional setting)
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office products including Word (create, edit, save), Excel (create, edit, save), and Outlook (send and receive emails)
- Ability to work 7am-7pm Start 7am-5pm and various shifts throughout the day
- Working knowledge of facility pricing structure and cost estimates
- Knowledge of ICD-9 (10) and CPT terminology
- Previous experience in collecting patient copays, deductibles, etc.
- Experience submitting authorization requests and / or processing referrals.
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Keywords: UHG, Phoenix, AZ, clinical, medicine, registration, cancer center