If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Registration Department. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, verifying demographics; obtain all required signatures and documents. Candidate will be responsible for insurance authorization, notification, and verification of benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance, point of service collections, and compliance with HIPAA.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office or any medical setting
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of professional experience with insurance policies and procedures
- 1+ years of professional experience with Medical Terminology
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office products including Word (create, edit, save), Excel (create, edit, save), and Outlook (send & receive emails)
- Ability to work between 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
- Knowledge of ICD-9 (10) and CPT terminology
- Working knowledge of facility pricing structure and cost estimates
- Previous experience in collecting patient copays, deductibles, etc.
- Experience submitting authorization requests and / or processing referrals
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.