Department:OH1MH_70086_006 Patient Registration Mcgc
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Excellence in care takes the dedication and commitment of not only our front-line care teams, but of the specialized professionals that support all aspects of our mission. Colleagues in Finance, HR, Marketing and more keep Mount Carmel operating at the highest standard. And we provide leading education training and development opportunities to keep you working at yours.
The Patient Financial Specialist I ensures the collection of accurate and complete registration/admission information and completion of required forms for all patients. Ensures collections of patient deductibles, copays, coinsurance and deposits
• Demonstrates understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and other third party information requirements and adheres to all third party regulations and working knowledge of third-party payor benefits and requirements, and regulations impacting registration procedures.
• Exhibits working knowledge of CPT and ICD 9 coding and payor reimbursement methodologies.
• Collects payments and facilitates resolution of billing questions. Acts as an information resource to other departments and physician offices. Gathers and evaluates confidential patient financial data for purposes of determining patient qualification for financial assistance and/or patient financial responsibility.
• Establishes payment arrangements for patients and evaluates past account history. Abides by the department Service vision.
Must be available full time during the first 2 weeks for training: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm for causal or part time positions.
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Prefer minimum of three years' experience in a physician's office, clinic, hospital business office, financial service setting, or related area dealing with the public in collection of data and funds.
• Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and other third party information requirements and adheres to all third party regulations.
• Ability to effectively and assertively communicate and negotiate financial obligations, and resolve patient inquiries.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.