Department:OH1NA_70020_000 Mcna - Registration/Admitting
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:Patient Financial Specialist I
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
The Patient Financial Specialist I; Ensures the collection of accurate and complete registration/admission information and completion of required forms for all patients. Ensures collections of patient deductibles, copays, coinsurance and deposits. Gathers and evaluates confidential patient financial data for purposes of determining patient qualification for financial assistance and/or patient financial responsibility. Abides by all pertinent legislation
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department requirements.
- Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- Effective Communication Skills
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Prefer minimum of three years' experience in a physician's office, clinic,
- hospital business office, financial service setting, or related area dealing with the public in collection of data and funds.
- Self- Motivated, independent, organized, able to prioritize work
- Ability to Multi-Task
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.