Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
As patient registration professionals, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
Positions may be available in the following areas: Emergency Room, Operating Room, Outpatient, Infusion, Maternal Child and Transplant Services. Per diem or casual schedules / shifts will be based on the specific department and may be comprised of 8, 10 or 12 hours. Employees will be required to work a minimum number of hours per month, including weekend hours. Additional information will be provided during the interview process. This position is located at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center 3555 S Val Vista Dr, Gilbert, AZ 85297.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Communicate directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Respond to patient and caregivers inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Organize and schedule patient services and appointments for referrals or follow-ups ensuring proper information is forwarded to practitioners
- Utilize computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real-time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Generate, review and analyze patient data reports and follows-up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of prior experience in an office setting, customer service setting, or phone support role
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
- Understanding of medical terminology
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Patient Registration, Admitting, Front Office, insurance, hospital, patient billing, physician office, pre-registration, registrar, customer service, office