Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
As Patient Registration Representatives, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay. Positions may be available in the following areas: Emergency Room, Operating Room, Outpatient, Infusion, Maternal Child and Transplant Services. Full - time schedules / shifts will be based on the specific department and may be comprised of 8, 10 or 12 hours. Additional information will be provided during the interview process. This position is located at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center 3555 S Val Vista Dr. Gilbert, AZ 85297
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e - mail with information regarding next steps including any pre - employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Communicate directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Respond to patient and caregiver inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Organize and schedule patient services and appointments for referrals or follow - ups ensuring proper information is forwarded to practitioners
- Utilize computer systems to enter, access or verify patient data in real - time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Generate, review and analyze patient data reports and follow - up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of prior experience in an office setting, customer service setting, or phone support role
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
- Understanding of medical terminology
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Patient Registration, Admitting, Front Office, insurance, hospital, patient
billing, physician office, preregistration, registrar, customer service, office