Combining your desire to help people along with your interest in healthcare should lead you to this role in Optum 360. As the first person most of our patients interact with, you need to embody our values in what may sometimes be difficult times for our patients.
Optum360 is a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. Dignity Health provides hospitals and clinics with staff that focus on patient registration, insurance validation and information control. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage all our resources to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide. If you want to achieve more in your mission of Healthcare, you have to be really smart about the business of Healthcare. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what Healthcare looks like and doing your life’s best work.
As patient registration professionals, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, Expertise, and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay. Positions may be available in the following areas: Emergency Room, Operating Room, Outpatient, Infusion, Maternal Child and Transplant Services.
Full - time schedules / shifts will be based on the specific department and may be comprised of 8, 10, or 12 hours. Additional information will be provided during the interview process. This position is located at St Joseph's Medical Center 350 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit you completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding next steps including any pre - employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits.
- Responds to patient and caregivers inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organizes and schedules patient services and appointments for referrals or follow - ups ensuring proper information is forwarded to practitioners
- Utilizes computer systems to enter, access or verify patient data in real - time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information.
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years prior experience in an office setting, customer service setting or phone support role
Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
Understanding of medical terminology