The transporter is responsible for transporting in-patients and out-patients to and from procedures and for transfers between floors in accordance to hospital police. The transporter is also responsible for assisting with transferring weight bearing and non-weight bearing patients to and from stretchers, beds and wheelchairs. The transporter is responsible for keeping hallways free of stretchers and wheelchairs and will perform inspections on before and after use.Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains communication with patients and coworkers to improve quality of service and customer satisfaction.
- Transports patients within facility to designated areas in a punctual and timely manner.
- Lifts patients in and out of bed, chairs to move them to and from treatment areas and procedure rooms.
- Offers comfort and support to patients and their families.
- Respects and protects patient confidence and hospital confidentiality by keeping all sensitive and patient information private.
- Follows all protocols and procedures to ensure safe delivery of patients and their possessions.
- Maintains a secure, clean and healthy work environment by adhering to the standards and regulations that are set forth by the hospital and local, state and federal governments.
- Routinely complies with the standards set forth by JCAHO and HIPAA.
- Regularly participates in ongoing education to improve knowledge and skills.
High school diploma or GED required
Must be at least 18 years of age
Hospital or medical experience preferred
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Excellent communication skills required
Time management skills required
Current CPR from American Heart Association for Healthcare Provider required