The Payment Integrity Sr. Economic Analyst position will help support our overall economic data analysis within Payment Integrity. You will work with an ever evolving Payment Integrity Analytic, Finance and Operations team committed to changing healthcare through outstanding service, value added products, effectiveness, and measure value to support our business partners. You will have the opportunity to evaluate and develop trend activity patterns as it relates to Payment Integrity activities for all business segments (M&R, E&I and C&S). Join us. There’s never been a better time to do your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop medical trend data analysis, operating methodologies and assumptions
- Create reports for economic impacts related to Payment Integrity activities timing and value of medical expense
- Analyze internal functions within Payment Integrity
- Identify and resolve financial, economic and organizational problems
- Strong data and development skills (1+ years of SAS/SQL experience)
- Strong healthcare background with knowledge of claims payment systems (1+ years of healthcare experience and/or claims payment systems)
- Ability to interpret data into workable information
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of Medical Economics is a plus
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.