Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
You'll join a high caliber team where you're assisting, educating, problem-solving and resolving tenuous situations to the best possible outcomes. Bring your people skills, emotional strength and attention to detail. In return we offer the latest tools and most intensive training program in the industry. Get ready to start doing your life's best work.
The Payment Integrity Support Services Supervisor is responsible for management and administration of multiple functions, or management of general business operations within Payment Integrity Department.
Role responsibilities include managing the day to day activities of direct reports by monitoring attendance, productivity, utilization, throughput, receipts, scorecards, dashboards and quality to ensure that all metrics and TATs are met in order to comply with SLAs. Facilitate team meetings, communicate daily / weekly results, coach and develop the staff.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise or general support to teams in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims. Authorizes the appropriate payment or refers claims to investigators for further review. Conducts data entry and re-work; analyzes and identifies trends and provides reports as necessary.
- Oversee daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions across one or more business units
- Manage day to day site operations, supervisor leadership (internal and external to organization), and accountability for financial and non-financial results (budgets and actuals)
- Provide expertise or general support to teams reviewing, researching, investigating, and processing
- Authorize the appropriate payment or refers claims to investigators for further review
- Conduct data entry and re - work; analyzes and identifies trends and provides reports as necessary
- Lead project management and implementation initiatives
- Ability to co-lead and collaborate with downstream process peers
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Supervisory / Managerial experience in the Healthcare Industry
- 2+ years of experience managing downstream process
- 2+ years of experience managing process improvement and quality assurance
- Experience performing Microsoft Excel functions (vlookup, formulas, concatenation, and pivot tables)
- Ability to work between the hours of 6:00 am - 6:00 pm CST Monday through Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Understanding of claims processing systems
- Experience developing presentations to include charting
- Ability to actively listen and learn new complex systems, platforms, and processes
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Eden Prairie, MN, Payment Integrity Support Services Supervisor, managing downstream process, Excel, quality assurance