Join First Transit as a Payroll Clerk. The Payroll Clerk assists the General Manager in all aspects of the daily payroll function. This position is responsible for the completion of new employee profiles, payroll, benefits enrollments, and other clerical accounting functions. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Benefits packages
- A great work environment.
Payroll Clerk major responsibilities:
- Process new employee files/records and submit to General Manager for approval. Once approved, submit all appropriate paperwork to region accounting office.
- Calculate driver/staff payroll and input payroll information into the computer for processing. Accurately track attendance for permanent part-time employees. Maintain accurate driver seniority list.
- Answer the phone and respond to customer inquiries. Distribute mail, prepare overnight packages, and maintain stamps and other mailing supplies. Order location's office supplies and maintain inventory.
- Assist GM in accurately tracking OT for purposes of reducing/eliminating unnecessary and/or additional punch hours.
- Verify all standard hours to reduce any additional driver hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
Payroll Clerk requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Computer literacy, 10 Key, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and is a self starter.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.