PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To process payroll and provide support for all employees.
- Process, audit, review, and reconcile payrolls on a weekly basis.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy with regard to reviewing, editing and issue research to ensure all employees are paid correctly and on time based on our established SLAs and HR guidelines.
- Interpret and process employee garnishments and assist with garnishment agency and employee inquiries.
- Provide support/teamwork to other Coordinators for all payroll functions.
- Process stop payments, direct deposit reversals and off-cycle payments.
- Maintain high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Assist Operations with the setup of new direct deposit and pay card accounts.
- Assist Operations with payroll and data entry corrections.
- Assist with issue research and resolution for payroll related matters.
- Complete employment and wage verifications.
- Assist hourly employees with PTO balance requests.
- Run and distribute weekly Labor Distribution reports.
- Maintain best practices for payroll and implement new procedures as needed.
- Document and maintain all payroll system processes.
- Work with Payroll Tax Analyst to ensure the proper taxation for state and local jurisdictions.
- Assist Payroll Supervisor with SOX testing and Internal Audit requirements.
- Assist Payroll Supervisor with payroll system testing.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality for all payroll-related items.
- High school diploma
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Proficient using Microsoft Office product suite.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a highly structured team environment.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule due to work volume changes.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
- Minimum one to three years of payroll processing experience.
- Experience with Ultipro payroll systems.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: This position has no decision making authority.
DIRECT REPORTS: This position does not have any direct reports.