Xanterra Travel Collection (Xanterra) owns a growing group of hospitality, travel and leisure businesses operating in more than 30 countries. The Corporate Payroll Manager is accountable for the overall management of the Company’s payroll processing and compliance.The company’s 6500 (peak season) employees provide superior guest service to visitors from around the world who visit the company’s 20+ hotels and lodges with more than 4,000 guest rooms, 45 retail stores, 55 restaurants, 1,500 campsites, a tourist train, and six cruise ships. Please see www.xanterra.com for more information on the company.
- Manage the preparation, distribution, compliance, and reporting processes for payroll at all operations. Oversee the calculation of earnings and deductions to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, as well as company policy. Ensure payments and government reports are disbursed timely and accurately.
- Monitor state law and tax rate changes to ensure payroll is calculating accurately. Open and close tax accounts with states as needed. With assistance from Ceridian, monitor and resolve all payroll tax issues/notices on a timely basis.
- Understand all aspects of payroll related systems including, but not limited to, Lawson, Kronos, BSI, and Ceridian. This includes troubleshooting operations’ issues, identifying process improvements, and testing changes as necessary. Work closely with the Financial Systems team, HR, and IT to ensure process changes and system upgrades are defined, implemented, and documented successfully.
- Oversee the accounting process for employee health benefits, life insurance, disability insurance, 401-k, spending accounts, NQP, garnishments, escheat payments, etc. Ensure all payments are made timely and review all related general ledger account reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Ensure routine monthly accounting transactions related to payroll are processed timely and accurately.
- Establish policies and procedures for all payroll responsibilities. This includes, but is not limited to, the payroll function, benefit funding processes, payment of garnishments, escheat payments, etc.
- Coordinate year-end reporting and ensure that annual W-2 processing and reporting are accurate and timely.
- Evaluate ongoing corporate and property staffing effectiveness and efficiencies. Implement changes as identified and as changes in the business necessitate. Ensure cross-training among corporate payroll staff is effectively maintained.
- When on-boarding or off-boarding operations, ensure all payroll schedules are clearly defined, administered, and adhered too. This includes, but is not limited to, defining first/final pay schedules, processing special payouts, adjusting benefits, establishing direct deposit setup in mass, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of data requests for the annual financial and 401k audits. Ensure all auditor requests are completed timely and accurately, with clear communication. Assist with preparation of requests for labor audits as they arise. Review completed Workers Compensation audits before submission.
- Assists on special projects and other duties, as assigned.
- 10+ years payroll experience in a large, multi-state environment
- Current CPP certification
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience implementing process improvements in an dynamic environment
- Lawson and Kronos experience a plus