Responsible for all payroll group activity and set-up payroll runs. Provide leadership for all aspects of the Payroll Department. Ensures all payroll policy and procedures are enforced and continue to meet company objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the professional development of payroll associates and oversee ongoing staff training to ensure that knowledge of the overall payroll processes are maintained and improved
• Maintains payroll staff by addressing staffing needs, counseling, and monitoring
• Oversee payroll processing schedules to ensure timely production of all payroll checks
• Mitigate risks; monitor all processes for regulatory compliance, develop and implement internal audits
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local tax withholding, and that W2 and all applicable forms are prepared accurately
• Effectively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders regarding payroll issues and enhancements
• Assist with system modifications including set up and testing as required
• Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Understand and comply with all the Company’s payroll SOX processes and procedures as well as making recommendations as needed
• Resolve and research non-routine payroll problems in a timely manner with a focus on customer satisfaction while meeting all compliance requirements
• Coordinate quarterly and year-end payroll processes
- 5+ years of progressive payroll processing experience in a large multi-state environment with over 10,000 employees
- Working knowledge of ADP/EV5, ADP-R, ADP Adjust Mate and Microsoft Excel is a must
- Microsoft Access and Canadian Payroll knowledge is a plus
- Working experience with garnishments and multi-j adjustments
- Strong understanding of payroll practices with regard to wage and hour laws
- Working experience of Payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Strong team builder, attention to detail, communication skills and follow through
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to learn and thrive in a fast paced, tight deadline environment
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.