Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Payroll Operations Specialist is responsible for payroll payments to employees, general deduction management and coordination of effort with other HC departments to ensure accurate and timely results. This employee’s knowledge and skills will allow them to troubleshoot issues and create new and improved processes.
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll entries, including STD payments, and other payline adjustments
- Manage Tier 2 Payroll cases within designated SLA’s, which includes paying employees for missed pay and returned direct deposits
- Partner with HR Operations for any Time & Labor missing punches to ensure employees are paid accurately
- Partner with the Payroll Systems team in the payroll balancing process to identify any differences
- Make recommendations to improve processes within payroll functions
- Review daily audit reports to ensure compliance with processing termination pay based on state regulations as well as retroactive pay change adjustments.
- Create off-cycle payments to employees as needed for reductions in force, etc. and adhere to state regulations and company policy
- Manage general deductions for employees, including financial fitness, garnishment refunds, benefit deductions/refunds
- Process tax adjustments to ensure employee’s taxes are accurate
- Identify and manage overpayments made to employees, i.e., communication, collection process, reporting. Research errors and make recommendations for fixes for on-going issues
- Use knowledge and judgment to troubleshoot issues and problems
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees
- Collaborate with Benefits, Wealth, Compensation and HR communities in the support of payroll changes
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal and external customers and vendors
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Previous customer service experience in a call center environment
- Previous payroll experience
- Basic proficiency with Excel including running reports and manipulating data
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Word including creating and edit documents and creating letters and mail merges
- PeopleSoft experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Minnetonka, Minnesota, Payroll Specialist, payroll, call center, customer service