Work is Sweet!
'Quality without Compromise' is not just a motto at See's Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. See's Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
See's is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The Payroll Supervisor has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
Under the general direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Supervisor is responsible for managing the day to day operations and processing of weekly multi-state payroll for union and non-union shop, plant, and confidential office employees in a highly seasonal industry. Role provides quality customer service to all employees.
- Oversees efficient and accurate, compliant and timely processing of weekly payroll, off-cycle adjustments and special payments. Ensures benefit accruals are accurate and processed in accordance with contract guidelines and company policies.
- Provides direct supervision, guidance, support and training to Payroll team; manages workloads and evaluates work performance.
- Reviews, verifies, updates, reconciles, and maintains payroll records and reports associated with new hires, rehires, wage increases, transfers, promotions, tax information, insurance deductions, credit union, and other payroll and garnishment deductions.
- Assists in the review of Union contracts, rates, and benefits to identify payroll changes to be implemented and verifies the accuracy of changes made. Updates master rate sheets and distributes to appropriate business partners.
- Provides supervision and support to Payroll team in all areas related to banking such as stop payments, reissued checks, direct deposit, banking reports, positive pay, and pay card files. Ensures files are reconciled and transmitted daily to third party providers.
- Researches and responds to payroll inquiries and problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reports as required by management, regulatory and outside agencies.
- Secures and manages the maintenance of payroll records and timekeeping system and files.
- Participates in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems used in Payroll functions. Identifies and recommends required programming changes to be completed by IT.
- Audits and analyzes payroll records for accuracy and reasonableness, as well as supports all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Coordinates, develops and maintains written documentation regarding payroll procedures and processes necessary for reference and training material.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Manager.
- BA/BS in Accounting or other business-related field preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years of multi-state payroll processing experience and a minimum of 2 years payroll supervisory experience. Education may be substituted with four years additional in-house payroll experience.
- Solid understanding of payroll calculations, applicable local, state, federal tax rules and wage/hours laws. Experience in a retail or manufacturing company containing a union environment is a plus.
- Oracle HRMS/Payroll, Kronos, Pay Cards system knowledge or similar applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and technology, handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and has excellent organizational skills.
- High level attention to detail. Ability to provide mentorship and direction to other team members.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Power Point, Excel
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and weekends when needed.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
See's is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).