- Relationship Management: (20%)
- Build and manage relationships with assigned line of business clients, while providing consulting expertise, portfolio management and support before, during and after an assessment.
- Serves as liaison between business clients, program stakeholders, project teams, and senior executive management.
- Collaborate with applicable internal partners (e.g. IRM, IT Operations, Finance) to help interpret compliance regulations, and vendor contracts within specific business settings.
- Portfolio/Project Management: (40%)
- Oversee and manage large complex payment card compliance projects simultaneously in a matrix environment within the Optum organization.
- Develop and manage project plans, estimations, flowcharts, and make presentations to executive management on program status reports updates and expected results.
- Ensure internal controls and regulatory compliance follows a risk-based approach that balances business efforts with risks.
- Improve methods of capturing and presenting key compliance data in order to provide leadership with clear, concise data to enable appropriate decision making.
- Assesses program/project level risks and issues and develop mitigation plans/resolutions to meet program/project objectives
- Document, Communicate and Report Compliance Status and Issues: (20%)
- Develop and update compliance scorecards/reports, and communicate to applicable stakeholders
- Develop open lines of communication with all relevant stakeholders to confirm their buy-in and understanding of compliance and associated risk.
- Identify and communicate compliance status and issues to applicable audiences (e.g., business leaders, executive management, and internal teams)
- Develop and maintain PCI Dataflow Diagrams and other supporting materials.
- Provide Consulting on Compliance Program Requirements and Risks (15%)
- Consult with business clients to advocate and drive effectiveness of the compliance program (e.g. Payment Card Industry) within their business.
- Provide critical thinking, problem solving, planning and decision making skills. Accurately scopes out projects, sets objectives and goals, develops schedules and resource assignments, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Business and Industry Processes, Policies and Procedures (5%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the healthcare industry and associated processes and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable business processes, structure and functions, including applicable vendors and delegated entities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable risk management approaches
- Demonstrate knowledge of Compliance Program policies, procedures and documentation
- BS or BA degree in information system management, computer science, business, finance or a related or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience within a large corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience with Portfolio/Project Management leveraging an industry standard methodology (e.g. Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- In-depth experience in developing compliance recommendations and program status reporting with a variety of audiences, including executive management.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Productivity Applications especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability with cross-functional teams
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in a positive and supportive manner
- Working knowledge of enterprise Governance Risk and Control tools (e.g. eGRC-Archer)
- Working knowledge of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (e.g. PCI DSS)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.