This LPN will be responsible for direct provider support for the Maternal Child Department for any one of 6 locations. He / she will provide 1:1 coverage, floating to other clinical locations within the Maternal Child Department, including OB / GYN, as necessary and / or available.
- Room patients in OB / GYN and Pediatrics, as assigned, within the scope of a Licensed Practical Nurse and SMA company standards
- Consistently utilize departmental standing orders to satisfy HEDIS requirements during each patient encounter
- Responsible for collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief complaint, medications (including current pharmacy information), allergies, health risk screens, immunization status and other pertinent health information
- Respects privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, mid - level practitioners, LPN Supervisor, RN Program Manager and SMA company standards and policies
- Assist co - workers / team members with other duties, to include, but not limited to, floating between Pediatrics and OB / GYN, as requested
- Must also be willing and able to travel to alternate clinic locations
- Organize and standardize exam and treatment rooms, stock and clean rooms daily and sterilize necessary instruments
- Respond to telephones messages and patient care tasks daily as per SMA policy
- Document all patient interactions in a timely manner within the medical record
- Participate in the training of new employees, to include completion of orientation checklists, and assist with competency training
- Responsible for maintaining compliance related to laboratory QC management and waive testing, maintenance of E - Kits (as applicable), clinic supply and PAR orders / levels and pediatric vaccine supplies and storage designations
- Perform all other job related duties in Pediatrics and OB / GYN, as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Current, unrestricted NV LPN license or temporary NV LPN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV LPN license upon expiration of temporary NV LPN license
- CPR / BLS
- 1+ years of clinical experience
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client / patient sites within a designated area
- 2+ years of Pediatrics or OB/GYN experience
- Extensive familiarity of all aspects of pediatric vaccine requirements
- Electronic Medical Records experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.